Information about the Davis Double worker’s ride.
- Ride day (tentative): Saturday, May 9, 2020
- Departing from the
- Veterans Memorial Center (intersection of 14th and B Streets) at 5:15 a.m. START LOCATION/TIME MAY CHANGE!
- Returning to the start (rough estimate) 8:15p
- Audax-style (group) riding
This ride covers the entire Davis Double course, departing from the Veterans Memorial Center at the intersection of 14th and B Streets at 5:15 a.m. Sag support and basic rest stop food (fruit, water, soda, basic tools, etc.) will be provided, but riders should be prepared to be able to fix flats and make minor repairs to their bicycles themselves, since we will have limited vehicle support.
We will ride at a brisk, steady pace, with stops to keep the group together. Almost everyone finishes in about 15 hours.
The Worker’s Ride counts toward California Triple Crown credit, subject to the same rules as the regular CTC rides. You must finish the entire course under your own power in order to be an official finisher.
The Davis Double Worker’s Ride is open to all riders in exchange for volunteering to work at least four hours at a rest stop (or some other out-of-townassignment, such as driving SAG) on the day of the Davis Double Century. You must be assigned to a rest stop or other out-of-town duty before your name will be added to the worker’s ride roster.
To Sign up for the Workers Ride
- If you have any questions or intend to do the Workers Ride, contact Ride Leader Eric Norris.