DBC Mission statement
The objectives of the Club are:
- To promote interest in all aspects of bicycling to:
- Encourage and facilitate recreational bicycling for all skill levels;
- Encourage and facilitate bicycle racing;
- Promote bicycling as a means of transportation.
- To increase the awareness of the need for a safe bicycling environment and promote the practice of safe bicycling techniques.
- To express the views of members of the Club in connection with legislative and administrative proposals relating to equipment requirements for bicycles, the establishment and maintenance of bicycling facilities, traffic regulations, or other measures affecting bicycling, but not to support or oppose any political candidate.
- To promote and protect the rights of bicyclists.
- To gather and publish for members information about bicycling, bicycle clubs and their activities and other information related to bicycling.