The Davis Bike Club has a Premium Club account on RideWithGPS (RWGPS), the website that provides bike route mapping and cue sheets for our club rides. This allows Davis Bike Club members to access RWGPS features available to Premium subscribers. Any member in good standing may take advantage of this for no additional cost. Please be aware that the RWGPS Bike Club account provides many features, but only for maps that have been loaded into DBC’s club account Route Library. All of the routes for our regular rides and numerous others have been loaded into the DBC Route Library. New routes often are added to the Route Library. The following are among the features available to those who are interested in taking advantage of this new member benefit:
- Ability to print out route maps as well as cue sheets
- Ability to download routes to a Garmin GPS unit
- Ability to use a free RideWithGPS App to download maps and cue sheets to your smartphone
- Ability through the App to get audible and visual turn by turn directions on your smartphone
- Ability through the App to track your ride and many useful parameters such as speed, average speed, elevation gain, and ride duration.
If you are a DBC member and are interested, follow the link below to request access to the DBC RWGPS Club Account. Click on “Apply to join”, just under the image of cyclists. You will be asked for your RWGPS login name and password. There is no special login or password required to access the club account. Use your name and a password of your choosing. If you don’t have a RWGPS login yet, you will be asked to create one. Once your name has been cross-checked with the DBC membership list, you will receive an e-mail confirmation and will then be able to access the DBC RWGPS Club account features.