March Fools XII Tour – New Leaders, Same Great Rides!
Sunday, March 24th to Thursday, March 28th — 5 days/4 nights
Mark & Maria Tebbutt are taking over for Bruce & Marilyn Dewey who led these popular rides for years.
Day 1: Davis to Napa ~ 49 mi
Day2: Napa to Geyersville ~ 52 mi
Day 3: Geyersville to Occidental ~ 40 mi
Day 4: Occidental to SF ~ 54 mi (via Larkspur Ferry)
Day 5: #1 SF Ferry Bldg – Take the Vallejo Ferry & ride back to Davis.
#2 SF Ferry Bldg – Take the Ferry to Jack London Square and then Amtrak to Davis.
#3 Take BART from SF Embarcadero Station to Richmond and then Amtrak to Davis.
SAG van provided, participants asked to share driving.
Tour cost is (subject to fine tuning) $360/person (based on double occupancy)
Sign ups will be accepted at the February 11th membership meeting. $100 non-refundable deposit required at time of sign up. Those without roommates will be emailed a list of other participants without roommates (if any). If you can agree to room together, you’ve got a roommate. If not, you’ll pay the “single rate” which is probably the same as that which two people would pay for the room…
Etna Tour – If you like Weed, you’ll love Etna.
May 24th to May 26th — 3 days/2 nights
Maria and Mark Tebbutt are returning to Etna for another weekend in the mountains!
Etna Tour 2017
The West of Ireland Self-Guided 11-Day Bicycling Tour
August 22 to September 1, 2019 (Final breakfast and goodbyes on September 1).
Barry Bolden will lead a self-guided tour of Western Ireland. Google “Wild Atlantic Way” for stunning photos of the area.
The tour is open to a twenty riders. One spot for a male (self-identified) person remains. Contact Barry directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The West of Ireland exudes beauty and romance like nowhere else in Ireland, with truly spectacular, diverse environments, shorelines, ancient sites, quaint towns and villages and numerous, fascinating activities all there for you to explore.
ICT’s self-guided 10-day bike tour includes West of Ireland highlights beginning in County Clare with it’s ancient, historical sites, the Burren with is unique and beautiful limestone landscape and the famous Cliffs of Moher, the glorious harbor city of Galway, where you have the option to do your own day trip to the Aran Islands’ Innis Mor, or spend an extra day in and around Galway city, Connemara’s diverse and breathtaking landscape, including Clifden’s Sky Road, the beautiful Kylemore Abbey, spectacular Delphi Valley, the gorgeous Twelve Bens, picturesque Killary Harbor, breathtaking Croagh Patrick, the picturesque town of Westport, County Mayo, and lastly, the charming village of Cong made famous with the filming of the 1952 Oscar winning film with John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara, “The Quiet Man”.
ICT’s self-guided 10-day bike tour route accommodates all levels of cyclists, with easy to navigate terrain with some low rolling hills. The tour includes; Lodging for 10 nights and daily breakfasts in selected guesthouses, B&Bs and hotels, Luggage transfers, break down service, and detailed itinerary and route maps. Any bike boxes can be safely stored until the end of the trip.
- Day 1: Meet up in the medieval town of Ennis, County Clare, enjoy dinner with a tour orientation,
- Day 2: After a hearty Irish breakfast, cycle west toward the Atlantic coast to Spanish Point where you will stay the night by the sea,
- Day 3: You will cycle to the lovely, musical town of Doolin. You’ll visit the spectacular Cliffs of Moher, and listen to traditional Irish music at the local pubs.
- Day 4, You will spend the day cycling and experiencing the lovely Burren and staying in the scenic village of Ballyvaughn,
- Day 5 You leave the Burren and head to the harbor city of Galway where you can enjoy fabulous seafood and lively pubs filled with Irish music,
- Day 6 You have the option to take your own day trip to Aran Islands’ Innis Mor, or spend an extra day exploring in and around the environs of Galway city.
- Day 7 You’ll cycle out of Galway city and head to the vibrant, lovely town of Clifden, on the Connemara coast.
- Day 8, From Clifden you’ll take a beautiful spin to the quaint village of Leenane, overlooking the beautiful Killary Harbor, Ireland’s only fjord,
- Day 9 You leave Leeanne and head to Westport, the most northerly of our destinations,
- Day 10 You cycle to your final destination, the delightful, scenic village of Cong.
- Day 11 Bus to Galway City.
The total 11-day trip cost is $1500 (excludes bike rental, optional Aran Island day trip, single accommodation supplement, lunches and dinners).
Please send your payment to: Barry Bolden, payable to “Davis Bike Club.”
Lake Almanor area vetting trip
September 13th to September 15th — 3 days/2 nights.
Here’s a chance to break new ground. A chance to see new sights and lose yourself in the backroads of Plumas County.
Mark and Maria Tebbutt are going to explore the area near Lake Almanor with future trips in mind. However, for a small, lucky bunch, the future could be now! Join the Tebbutts on a journey of discovery to create a new DBC bike tour. You’ll check out motel accommodations, potential riding routes restaurants and drinking establishments.
The Tebbutts are seeking 2 – 4 adventurers to help them in this exploration. You’ll be staying at a modest motel in Greenville and will have the thrill of riding near Chester.